Matching Your Exterior Home Colors & Garage Floor Coatings
Exterior home colors can vary based on region, climate, and personal preference. Some popular exterior house colors in recent years include gray, white, beige, blue, green, and red. When selecting a garage floor coating, the decorative chip blend you choose does not have to match the exterior house colors, but it often helps tie everything together if it does. This is especially true if the garage floor coatings go beyond the garage door, onto the concrete apron. Floor and exterior house color may also matter more if you leave your garage doors open frequently and/or use it to entertain guests (think picnics and parties).
Recommended Garage Floor Chip Blends by Home Exterior Color
For each of the popular exterior home colors, we've made some recommendations for a decorative chip blend from our offerings:
- White: A classic and timeless color, white is a popular choice for many homeowners as it can make a home look fresh, clean, and bright. Recommended chip blends include:
- Gray: Gray has become increasingly popular in recent years as a neutral and sophisticated color choice for exterior home paint. It can complement many different architectural styles and be paired with a variety of accent colors. Recommended chip blends include:
- Beige: Beige is a versatile color that can range from light to dark shades, making it a popular choice for homeowners looking for a warm and inviting exterior color. Recommended chip blends include:
- Blue: Shades of blue, from soft pastels to bold navy, have become more popular in recent years for those looking for a unique and eye-catching exterior color. Recommended chip blends include:
- Green: From muted sage to deep forest green, this earthy color is a popular choice for homes surrounded by nature or those looking to blend in with their surroundings. Recommended chip blends include:
- Red: Often in darker hues, this color is often found in siding and brick. Recommended chip blends include:
Overall, it's important to choose a garage floor color that you'll love and that will complement your home’s interior and exterior colors. Plus, you want to choose the right color the first time around – unlike the garage walls, you cannot just paint over your STRONGHOLD FLOORS garage floor coatings.
Speaking of garage walls, if you decide to add some color to the walls and trim/window sills, here are some of the most popular wall paint colors from Sherwin-Williams:
- Agreeable Gray (SW 7029)
- Alabaster (SW 7008)
- Repose Gray (SW 7015)
- Mindful Gray (SW 7016)
- Sea Salt (SW 6204)
- Accessible Beige (SW 7036)
- Tradewind (SW 6218)
- Requisite Gray (SW 7023)
- Dorian Gray (SW 7017)
- Urbane Bronze (SW 7048)
These are just a few examples of popular Sherwin Williams paint colors, and there are many other colors available that may be popular in different regions or for different applications.
Ready to change your garage colors? With our years of experience, our team can help you with the pros and cons of each garage floor coating color blend and help tie it with your overall color scheme. Get a free quote today by clicking the button below!